English Latvieu Russian
Home > Architecture > Academy of Arts

Academy of Arts

The Academy of Arts, built in 1902-1905 by architect W.Bockslaff, together with sculptor A.Folz and stained glass master E.Tode, is a building combining synthesis of Neo-gothic and Jugendstil. This is the best-known project by W.Bocksalff.
W.Bockslaff (1858-1945) is a famous architect who created the English seamen club (now the Danish Embassy houses this building) in 1901, buildings on 4 Amatu Str., 6 Smilšu Str., 25/29 Jauniela, building of the Church of the Cross (together with E.Friesendorf in 1909), – all of mentioned buildings are worth seeing.

View Larger Map