Unfortunately, one of the most beautiful buildings in Riga was destroyed during the II World War, because the building of the Blackheads’ Organization was one of the most impressive architectural monuments in the city. This building, first mentioned in 1344, built in Gothic style, was a seat of single merchants belonging to the Merchants’ Guild. Their patron was St.Mauricius, therefore it gained the name of Blackheads’ Organization.
By the way, this building was not only a meeting place, but it was used as an excellent concert hall as well, R.Wagner and F.List visited this place.
The Building of the Blackheads’ organization was rebuilt in 1999.