Usma Church in the Open-Air Museum
Lutheran church built in 1704 near the lake of Usma
(close to Kuldiga
town) was moved to Open-Air Museum in 1935. The church has been rebuilt and renovated several times, organ was made by Kreslinsh, organ craftsman from Jekabpils, in 1860.
There is a pillory and a punishment equipment near the church – it was a characteristic feature till the second part of the 19th century that the mentioned things were placed near churches.
Usma church is a prominent monument of Kurzeme district, the painting of the ceiling is one of a few, left from the great number of decorative church paintings in Courland