Museum of Riga History and Navigation
: Palasta iela 4, RÄ«ga
Location: Old town
Phone: +371 67 356 676
Phone: +371 67 356 678
Phone: +371 67 211 358
Fax: +371 67 210 226
Opening hours (May 25 â€“ September 30):
Mo., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.: 11:00-17:00
Opening hours (Oktober 1 â€“ May 24):
Mo., Tue.: close
Wed., Thu., Fri.: 11:00-17:00
Schoolchildren: EUR 0,71
Students: EUR 1,42
Other visitors: EUR 4,27
The museum is closed on all public holidays.
Today the Museum collections number more than 500 000 items, systematised in about 80 collections. They reflect Rigaâ€™s political and economic development, its culture and everyday life from the early days of the city to our day, as well s the history Latvian seafaring. The provenance of the museum objects reaches beyond Riga and Latvia and embraces a vast geographical area.
From its early days, the major source for the Museum collections was donations and acquisitions, from 1938 â€“ also archaeological excavations carried out by the Museum and archaeological supervision works in Old Riga.
The Museum collections are under the care of the Departments of Archaeology, Numismatics and Precious Metals, Collection, and History of Latvian Navigation.